This post may contain affiliate links that help support the blog when you make a purchase
Self-care quotes have been on my mind much more often lately. That’s because I have finally gotten to a place in my life where I am not putting myself last as a priority. For many people, we grow up believing that the only way to exist is by pleasing others, never giving our own needs a second thought. Then when we reach out for that same support from others we often find that we are alone.
Self Care Quotes Are A Great Part Of Any Self Care Routine
It is critical to establish good self-care habits not only because our needs are met but because when we have a decent self-care routine it is easy to spot when we are out of alignment. If we are committing to too many things that are cutting into our self-care routines, we’ll see quickly that we need to scale back. Self-care quotes can help remind us to keep these things in the forefront of our minds.
How can we establish better self-care habits?
Start by taking an inventory of what you need, and get really accurate about it. Self-care isn’t about taking bubble baths and eating chocolate only, it is also about getting rid of negative habits. Self-care can be taking your medication in a timely fashion. You can get rid of toxic friends who drain your energy, that too is self-care. Be creative, find ways to care for yourself that make you feel invigorated, not bored to death. Self-care quotes can give us suggestions for how to work self-care in.
How do self-care quotes help us?
Everybody needs a little inspiration. If you’re not accustomed to taking care of yourself, the idea may seem foreign at first. When you are used to prioritizing the needs of others over yourself, these principles can seem downright ridiculous. These self-care quotes can remind you to get yourself back into alignment. Are you looking to remember what you are working towards? Self-care quotes can help with that.
How To Use Self-Care quotes
You can use self-care quotes as positive affirmations, you can use self-care quotes for motivation, you can use self-care quotes as a daily reminder of how awesome you are. Reading quotes from people who you admire can be a wonderful way to draw courage and strength from people who you admire. It’s like receiving a boost from your favorite people that you can take along with you anywhere.
21 Self Care Quotes
Self Care Quotes To Remind You To Be Satisfied With Being You
- “Understand who you are and be that person. Don’t try to be somebody else,” he says. “And this goes for how we dress and our living space. It will never ever, ever fail you.” – Tim Gunn
- “You can be anything you want to be, just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be.” -Freddie Mercury
- “If you believe that you’re beautiful and that you’re powerful, that’s what you exude. Deciding some really positive things about yourself is powerfully important.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “Cool means being able to hang with yourself. All you have to ask yourself is ‘Is there anybody I’m afraid of? Is there anybody who if I walked in a room I’d get nervous?’ If not, then you’re cool.” – Prince
- “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life is easier.” —Diane von Furstenberg
- “HELPED are those who are content to be themselves; they will never lack mystery in their lives and the joys of self-discovery will be constant.” – Alice Walker
- “What they call you is one thing. What you answer to is something else.” ― Lucille Clifton
Quotes to Remind You To Love Yourself
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
- “If you don’t love yourself, how the hell you gon’ love somebody else?” – Ru Paul
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. ” – Lucille Ball
- “Self-care is one of the active ways that I love myself. When you can and as you can, in ways that feel loving, make time and space for yourself” – Tracee Ellis Ross
- “Your finest work, your best movements, your joy, peace, and healing come when you love yourself.” -Melodie Beattie
- “We can climb mountains with self-love.” —Samira Wiley
- “I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” – Madonna
Quotes to Show You How To Prioritize Self Care
- “Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Choosing joy is a completely active choice. It doesn’t just happen. You can’t just say, ‘I want to be happy.’ You have to take action.” – RuPaul
- “Your brain is like a computer, you have to refresh or it’s going to crash. I don’t [care] how great you are, you have to take a second.” – Missy Elliot
- “I always give myself Sundays as a spiritual base of renewal—a day when I do absolutely nothing. I sit in my jammies or take a walk, and I allow myself time to BE— capital B-E—with myself.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Self-care has to be rooted in self-preservation, not just mimosas and spa days” – Lizzo
- “I always try to remember that I’ll be the best me I can be if I prioritize myself” – Michelle Obama
- “I love people, I love the world, I love my nieces, I love my nephews, I love my family, I love them so deeply. But right now it’s about me and little Mary. It’s like that’s my baby, my little girl. She needs my help … and I’m not going to ever let anybody hurt her again.” – Mary J Blige
Using self-care quotes to renew your focus
Self-care quotes help me to renew my focus when I feel like fading out. Life is hard, and just like any other energy stores, the ability to remain focused on your self-care goals can be a source that gets depleted. Renewing your focus by hearing these words of wisdom can keep you moving towards better self-care.
Keeping self-care quotes nearby
Use these self-care quotes to post in your office. Put the on a post-it and stick it in the cubicle at work. Print it and stick it in a frame. Do whatever you have to do to keep your self-care at the forefront of your mind. As you continue to practice, you’ll discover that self-care becomes something that you want to do versus feeling as though you’re forcing something you don’t really feel.
It gets better, I promise.
Until next time,
Read more from BGLK